Friday, February 25, 2011

Diana Ross – A Comeback with Class On Oprah Winfrey Show

Diana Ross, 66, made her much anticipated first television performance in four years on episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show.The Supremes icon made her appearance accompanied by all her children and grandson for the first time on Feb. 25.

Ross started the show off right singing her classic, “I’m Coming Out” and Oprah joined her on stage for a duet of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”


“I have to really keep myself from going into the ugly cry,” Oprah said while interviewing Ross. “Because of how much this legend, this woman means to me and my life… I’m going to try to keep it together.”

Ross and the family shared many memories as well as how excited she was for her first grandchild.

“She was the first one to grab the baby,” daughter Rhonda told Oprah. “She ran out like it was a football!”

"I take full responsibility because my staff said to me, 'Di -- Miss Ross -- she does not want any surprises,'" said Winfrey. Thankfully, it seemed to turn out well. You never want to surprise a diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment